The church of Vitus in Šentvid pri Planini

The base of the church is Gothic and was first mentioned in 1414. Its present-day appearance and furnishings are mainly from the Baroque period. The bell tower bearing the year 1737 and the presbytery are also from that period. The chapel on the south and the sacristy were added in 1847. A large bell tower on the west with a square lower part and an octagonal upper part is situated in front of the rectangular nave with a chapel on the south which is of the same height. The three-sided presbytery is slightly narrower than the nave, but of the same height. There is a reconstructed Baroque architectural painting on the exterior. The entire interior is vaulted and painted with decorative-figurative paintings.

According to legend, Count Frederick of Celje and Veronika Deseniška were married in the church.

GPS coordinates

Latitude: 46.0949376° Longitude: 15.4321817°