The church was built between 1650 and 1660 in the Neo-Renaissance style and has a golden altar. Legend has it that it was built from the stones of the abandoned castle near Gradišče. It is an early-Baroque pilgrimage church. In the 19th century, a small chapel was added to the outer wall on the east of the presbytery. Most of the furnishings are from the 17th or 18th centuries. The entire interior is painted with decorative-figurative paintings dating back to 1907.